NASP is a state-wide membership association of organizations providing home and community-based services and supports to Nebraskans with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Through collaboration, joint problem-solving, and sharing of ideas and resources we ensure a higher quality of care for the people being served, and higher job satisfaction for the people employed by NASP member organizations. The majority of I/DD providers across the state are members and look to NASP as a trusted resource in their efforts to help those they serve live and thrive in the communities of their choosing.
NASP works in cooperation and partnership with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
NASP is a 501c6 non-profit organization.
Mission: NASP adds value to membership by providing a centralized hub of information and best practices; and collaboratively advancing innovative legislative and regulatory issues.
Vision: NASP is the statewide membership association unifying the voice of community-based organizations providing supports to individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
NASP is the pre-eminent association for members, potential members and stakeholders in Nebraska’s developmental disabilities system.
- Enhance effectiveness and relevance of member communications.
- Position members to be recognized as valued contributors to healthier, safer, and more inclusive communities.
Direct access to subject matter experts and professionals for knowledge, best practices, and problem-solving.
Opportunities to be actively engaged in communication and information sharing among members.
Monthly all-member and targeted subcommittee meetings.
Timely and in-depth information on state and national issues affecting the people we serve and service delivery.
Bolster a robust, high-quality service provider workforce.
- Increase workforce efficiencies with technology applications.
- Enhance industry leadership capabilities.
- Enhance the understanding of a defined career path.
- Provide skill-building opportunities through conferences, training, and webinars.
Policy and Advocacy
Inform and influence public policy through unified voice and vision.
- Increase member influence on strategic issues at the local, state, and national levels.
- Increase member communications to legislators and regulators on unified messages supporting the association’s vision.
Ensure all Nebraskans can live and thrive in the communities of their choosing.
- Access to affordable, quality services in a timely manner
- Competitive, integrated, community-based employment as desired
- Increase of state investment in home and community-based services across the state
- Increase of civic engagement opportunities for people of all abilities